The best solution payday loans
- The neighborhhood association for the southside area. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to be added to the Facebook group!
The City receives Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership entitlement funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. These funds provide decent and affordable housing, a suitable living environment and expanded economic opportunities for low-to-moderate-income persons.
- Go here to report a City of Wilmington Code violation
- Shaw University, founded in 1865, is the first historically black college of the South. Shaw is a private, co-educational, liberal arts university affiliated with the Baptist Church. The University awards degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Mission: Empowering individuals with criminal histories or youth that are at-risk to become serious offenders of the justice system to make positive life choices, enabling them to become productive members of the our community.
- LINC provides services that meet the immediate needs of ex-offenders, such as shelter, food, clothing and employment.
- LINC also refers clients to other social service agencies that provide services to further facilitate their reintegration into the community thus Leading Into New Communities.
- Mission: to provide quality, affordable housing in safe, attractive communities for the families we serve.
- Mission: To identify affordable housing needs and to coordinate individual, community and government efforts toward increasing the supply and opportunity for affordable housing.
- The Wilmington Journal has served the African American community of Wilmington and surrounding area for 85 years.
- The Wilmington Journal’s main focus is local coverage. The Journal has served as a strong voice for the local African American community and throughout the years has received many awards and recognition for its reporting and service to the greater Wilmington area.
- Mission: to enhance the quality of life and meet the needs of older adults and their caregivers through a regional system of comprehensive, coordinated and community-based services and advocacy.
- Hillcrest is located 2.09 miles southeast of downtown Wilmington and consists of 91 townhouse buildings with a community building. All 256 units are efficiency to three bedrooms and range in size from 433 to 888 square feet.
- Residents at Hillcrest have access to a community center, activity room, basketball court and playground.
- Hillcrest residents are just minutes away from all the businesses, restaurants and cultural activities Wilmington has to offer.
Southside Community Development Corporation (CDC)
- Mission: Develop, implement and foster plans that will economically, socially, educationally and legally empower the neighborhoods it serves.